WiseGuyz provides important healthy relationship education based on an evidence-informed, research supported curriculum.
- Physical health, hygiene and anatomy
- Pregnancy and STI prevention
- Healthy relationships and decision making
- Peer bonding
- Conflict resolution and communication
- Emotions and stress management
- Gender and sexual diversity
- Media literacy
- Human rights and personal values
- Community resources and supports
Through research collected from multiple WiseGuyz programs, the Centre for Sexuality has learned:
- WiseGuyz graduates expressed that they are better able to engage in healthy relationships and feel more comfortable making social connections and coping with negative emotions.
- Wiseguyz participants demonstrated significant improvements in homophobic attitudes, social expectations around what it means to be a guy, and attitudes about their own sexual health knowledge and abilities.
- Recent data suggests the program improves mental health and friendship quality.
If you have any further questions regarding the WiseGuyz program, please contact Doray Veno.