Learning & Literacy
What have you learned today?
The Hanna and area Community Adult Learning Program provides support to individuals and learning opportunities for adults including:
- Computer training
- Literacy and foundational learning
- GED Prep
- Workplace safety courses
- Customized workshops for business and industry
- First aid and CPR
- Employment skill development
- Personal growth courses
- Training for volunteers
- Free tutorials for computer, tablet or smartphone
We provide support for partner organizations to deliver learning opportunities, video conference access, meeting and classroom space, and access to a computer lab.
Learner Support Services
Do you need:
- Access to a computer and internet?
- Fax and photocopy services?
- Assistance using a computer or other technology?
- Help with forms or applications?
- Information on learning opportunities, post-secondary programs or education planning?
- Exam invigilation for a post-secondary or accredited institution?
- A place to learn and connect to supports and services?
- Information on services and community supports?
- Support or encouragement for self directed or online learning?
Adult Literacy Program
Our goal is to empower our learners by helping to improve their reading, writing, numeracy, digital technology skills, communication, English language, document use, and other skills needed to thrive in today’s world. We have several learning coaches who are able to meet with learners to help them reach their personal goals.
This personalized and confidential program helps adults to improve their literacy skills and to achieve their personal learning goals, which could include:
- Being able to perform daily tasks such as banking, reading labels, using a computer, etc.
- Improving your English skills or preparing for the citizenship or IELTS exams
- Passing the G.E.D. exam
- Getting a job or improving skills at work
- Talking to your child’s teacher or helping with homework
Family Literacy Program
Family literacy programs funded by the Community Adult Learning Program prioritize the delivery of intentional activities that build adults’ skills and promote the values and benefits of literacy for the entire family. In required programming, family literacy programs provide adult learners with opportunities to increase their own literacy and foundational skills that also enhance daily literacy practices for all family members.
Programs and services of the Community Adult Learning Program are made possible with funding support from Alberta Skilled, Trades and Professions.