Kiddies Korner Playschool
403.854.8374 • email@example.com
501B – 3rd Street West
Box 597, Hanna AB, T0J 1P0
The Kiddies Korner Playschool is a licensed program under Alberta Child & Family Services. Our co-operative playschool is run by the parents through a volunteer parent executive. We are a play-based environment where children have fun exploring, discovering and developing physical, emotional, social, creative and early learning skills
At playschool we encourage the children to:
- Share and take turns
- Use their manners
- Use their words to solve conflict; not their hitting hands
- Try to solve their own problems, but seek assistance when needed
- Have fun, use their imagination, discover, explore, and create
- Help and care for others, including respect for each other and our differences
- Follow directions, participate in small group activities, and listen quietly when others are talking
- Take care of themselves (eg. Putting on their own shoes or coat, cleaning-up after themselves)
Kiddies Korner is a peanut/nut free facility.
Starting Dates for 2022–2023
Start-up dates for September 2022 may be affected by any COVID-19 policies or recommendations the Alberta Government, the Town of Hanna, or Alberta Child & Family Services have in place. Kiddies Korner Playschool will continue to provide a safe environment for each child within our program. We are currently looking at additional ways to keep our room clean and disinfected between each class. These implementations may affect the days and times of our playschool classes. We will update any of these changes, as soon as they are made available.
Classes begin on Tuesday September 13. Three-year-old classes run Tuesdays from 8:45 AM–10:45 AM. While, four-year-old classes run on Tuesday's/Wednesday from 12:45 PM–3.45 PM or Wenesday's/Thursday from 8:45 AM–11:45 AM
The above classes are subject to change. If registration numbers are low, two classes will be combined if needed.
Fall Registration will take place - TBD. Please bring your child's Health Care Number and a $20 registration fee. See below for 2022/2023 registration details.
The full year fee for the three-year-old program is $450 and for the four-year-old program $900.
- Nine post-dated cheques of $50 for the three-year-old program OR $100 for the four-year-old program. First payment due September 15. Every month after that, payment is due on the 1st. Last payment date is May 1.
- Nine e-transfers or cash amounts of $50 for the three-year-old program OR $100 for the four-year-old program. First payment due September 15. Every month after that, payment is due on the 1st. Last payment date is May 1.
A 10% penalty fee will be added onto any outstanding balance owing.
Note: There is a non-refundable $20 insurance/registration fee (due at the time of registration) that is not included in the prices below.
Parents can apply for Child Care Subsidy to help off set the cost of playschool if needed. Visit www.humanservices.alberta.ca for more information or contact the playschool treasurer. The Town of Hanna offers a Community Youth Fund to those who qualify, please call 854-4433 to inquire.
- Your child must be three years of age to attend Kiddies Korner Playschool. However, they may begin playschool at any time in the term following their third birthday.
- Your child must be four years of age before December 31st to enroll into the four-year-old program.
- Your child must be toilet trained.
- Every child must be signed in by a parent or guardian upon arrival and departure.
Playschool will be closed for:
- November Break: November 7-11, 2022
- Christmas Break: Last class is December 22. Returning to class January 10, 2023
- Family Day Break: February 20-24, 2023
- Easter Break: April 10-14, 2023
- Last Week of Classes: May 23, 24, & 25, 2023
2022 Fall Registration
Registration forms will be available on this webpage. Completed registration forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to Box 597 Hanna, AB T0J 1P0. All registrations are accepted in the order received. A $20 registration fee is due at the time of registration and can be paid by cash, cheque, or etransfer to email@example.com (it will autodeposit).
2023 Spring Registration
Registration forms will be available on this webpage after April 15th, 2023. Completed registration forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to Box 597 Hanna, AB T0J 1P0. All registrations are accepted in the order received. A $20 registration fee is due at the time of registration and can be paid by cash, cheque, or etransfer to email@example.com (it will autodeposit).
COVID-19 & Flu Season
As stated in COVID-19 Information; Guidance for Preschools, Parents are to keep their children at home if they are displaying any COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms. These symptoms include; fever, cough, shortness of breath/ difficulty breathing, sore throat, chills, painful swallowing, runny nose/ nasal congestion, feeling unwell/ fatigued, nausea/ vomiting/ diarrhea, unexplained loss of appetite, loss of sense of taste or smell, muscle/ joint aches, headache, and/or conjunctivitis (pink eye). For up-to-date Preschool COVID Protocols click on the following link. https://www.alberta.ca/guidance-documents.aspx You will need to scroll down to “Preschools, daycare and out-of-school care.”
Each year the Kiddies Korner Playschool Fundraising Committee is responsible for raising around $3,000 for our program. Fundraising is an essential part of keeping our program afloat and each year we try to balance the requirements for the parents without burdening them with out of pocket expenses. Since this may be your first experience with fundraising, the Fundraising Committee wants to make sure you are aware of expectations for the year.
The Fundraising Committee will email or will post on the Kiddies Korner Facebook group page any information regarding upcoming fundraising.
All parents are expected to participate in the fundraisers over the year. To keep things fair, Kiddies Korner Playschool requires a post-dated cheque for $200. After your fundraising requirements are met, your cheque will be destroyed. If you would rather contribute financially, let the Executive know and we will take you off the “fundraising mailing list”. Cheques must be submitted before the first class starts and post-dated to May 1, 2023.
Without fundraisers, Kiddies Korner Playschool wouldn’t be able to offer the extra creative opportunities, toys, gym equipment and books the children have grown to love (and the parents have come to expect). We thank you for your contribution to “play”.
- Ashlee Maetche (President) 403-857-9976
- Karla Stone (Vice President) 403-857-9936
- Alyssa Gross (Treasurer) 403-854-8284
- Tatum Laughlin (Secretary) 403-433-0033
- Aleshia McAfee (Fundraising) 403-857-8234
- Marie Karg (Fundraising) 403-857-9711
- Maria Povaschuk (Teacher) 403-854-8374
- Rachelle Stuber (Teacher’s Aide) 403-857-9038