Senior Shift Supervisor
This position is responsible for providing shift supervision, direction, and technical guidance to aquatic staff. They will also provide advice to the Aquatic Supervisor regarding the operations of the Aquaplex, including input into the annual budget and capital plan for the Aquaplex. Also responsible for both lifeguarding supervision and providing aquatic programs and lessons to the public as well as performs maintenance and janitorial duties throughout the Aquaplex. Responsible for maintaining pool water quality as well as providing instructions in advanced courses including Aquatic Fitness classes.
· Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent
· Must possess Standard/Intermediate First Aid, National Lifeguard, Swim & Lifesaving Instructor, Advanced Pool Operator certificate – Level 2 or equivalent
· Must be 18 years of age or older
· Three to five (3-5) years’ experience as a lifeguard and/or instructor including experience in a supervisory role
· Asset: Aquatic Fitness instructor certifications (CALA, AFLCA, Water Art, etc.); Swim Trainer, National Lifeguard Instructor, First Aid Instructor
· Must be able to provide a current satisfactory Criminal Record Check as well as a Vulnerable Sector Check before start date