GFL Environmental Inc.
In this position you will be responsible for weighing vehicles entering the landfill site, identifying contents of vehicles and customer residency and calculate the appropriate fee to be charged for disposal of refuse. Visually inspect loads for hazardous waste and advise haulers of questionable material on proper procedure for disposal. Answer customer inquiries relative to landfill use and charges and recycling. Direct vehicle using the landfill relative to proper dumping areas, such as composting, yard waste, recycling and household hazardous wastes. Other duties that may arise assigned by supervisor or members of the Management Team.
- High School Diploma or GED Preferred/Not mandatory
- Prior exposure an asset
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Perform basic mathematics skills
- Read and accurately record scale reading
- Must be proficient in computer skills (experience in an IPL system would be an asset)
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and the general public
- Deal with the public and general contractors and suppliers courteously and tactfully