Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier
If you enjoy working with the public and operating a motor vehicle in all kinds of weather and traffic conditions, then you're ready to embark on a rewarding career and call the open road your office. You'll be joining an organization focused on growth and innovation and enjoy a comprehensive total rewards package - including a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and retirement package and the chance to grow with us and explore your career potential.
- Project a positive and courteous manner when dealing with customers face-to-face
- Be adept at sorting, collecting and delivering mail items, in a safe and timely manner
- Provide a qualified replacement or helper to cover vacation/absences or extra hours (as required)
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of local infrastructure including roads, customers and delivery receptacles
- Lift and carry items up to 50 lb./22.7 kg
- Mandatory vehicle requirements include, a minimum cargo capacity of 100 cu ft., automatic transmission, power windows, metal roof top and accessory power outlet to accommodate a Canada Post sign and flashing light, provide and maintain the required automobile liability insurance for the use of your vehicle and possess a valid permanent provincial driver's licence