Prairie Land School Division invites applications for a full-time temporary tradesperson to work from the Hanna shop. Our ideal candidate will be reliable, energetic, self-motivated and able to perform tasks independently. Physical strength and stamina are required to perform manual labor for long periods of time. This is a full-time temporary position to commence immediately, working 40 hours per week, with an undefined duration. You will be responsible for performing general building and property maintenance and construction at various sites through out the division. You will be responsible for installing, trouble shooting, repairing and maintaining equipment in accordance with safety and productive maintenance systems and processes. You must be able to work independently with little to no direct supervision.
- Prior experience with carpentry is required
- Preference will be given to an individual with a Journeyman Plumber designation
- Experience with Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) is ideal
- Ability to create alternative solutions to problems
- Strong attention to detail
- First Aid and WHMIS Certification would be considered an asset
- Valid Alberta drivers license